2017 OGC Top Gun Postal Match
Who's Top Gun?
The OGC Postal Match really is great fun, gives shooters a goal to achieve as well as a reason to practice and improved his or her shooting skills. The term "Postal" refers to the manner by which targets are exchanged, the US Mail. The Postal Match works like this:
Shooters choose only the events they want to participate in. Fee per event is $5.00 and the deadline for entries is April 1, 2017. You can find the entry form in the February 2017 issue of the OGC Newsletter.
The events are:
- Handgun (Revolver) @ 10 Yards, open sights, timed fire.
- Handgun (Autoloader) @ 10 Yards, open sights, timed fire.
- Lever Action @ 100 Yards, scopes required, timed fire.
- Lever Action @ 100 Yards, iron sights, timed fire.
- Hunting Rifle (.270 Min Cal) @ 100 Yards, scopes required, timed fire.
- Hunting Rifle (.270 Min Cal) @ 100 Yards, iron sights, timed fire.
- Varmint Rifle @ 200 Meters, scopes required, timed fire.
- Varmint Rifle @ 200 Meters, iron sights, timed fire.
- Black Powder Cartridge Rifle @ 200 meters, scopes required, timed fire.
Once you have chosen your events and filled out the entry form, mail the form including fees ($5.00 per event) to the address on the form.
Your official Postal Match Targets and specific event rules will be mailed to you within 10 days. You have all summer to complete your events. When you have completed your events, return only the score targets by US Mail to the address on the form by September 15, 2017.
The top shooter in each event will receive his / her $5.00 Grand Prize and, of course, have bragging rights knowing he or she is "TOP GUN" in the OGC Postal Match. The OGC Postal Match is conducted on an honor system. Match results will be posted in the OGC newsletter. The top nine competitors will be listed in the OGC newsletter for each event.
Please note: You must be a current member to access the OGC newsletter. If you are, you may access the newsletter by doing the following: